These oreo dirt cupcakes are so festive and delicious! Replicating a plant in the dirt, these are absolutely perfect to celebrate Spring and our planet! This is an amazing dessert for Easter or Earth Day!
Despite their fancy appearance, these cupcakes are so easy to make! After time and time again of decorated cupcakes that turned out to be pinterest-fails, when I made these cupcakes, they were not only so easy, but awesome looking as well! With a chocolate cupcake base, crushed up oreos as dirt, and a fresh mint leave as the plant, the cupcakes are so simple to make, yet look so adorable!
These cupcakes are absolutely the perfect treat for earth day or Easter! Appealing to both kids and adults, these cupcakes are perfect for earth day get togethers, celebrations, or environmental meetings, and great for Easter too. Everyone is sure to love these delicious Oreo dirt cupcakes!
These cupcakes are the perfect treat to bake with little kids! If you want to make an earth day or Spring themed treat with your kids, these cupcakes are absolutely perfect! They are not too messy, easy and the ingredients are kid-friendly. In addition, making these with your kids can help teach them about earth day, and our planet!
With the unique touch of the mint leaves, these cupcakes look so realistic and delicious! For adults, the mint leaves add a refreshing taste, and for kids that don’t like the minty flavor, the leaves are easily removable. The oreo dirt adds a realistic texture, and kids and adults alike will go crazy over the delicious oreo dirt.
In addition to these being earth day cupcakes, they can be fun spring treats, or enjoy them anytime! Feel free to omit the “plant” part and simply have them any time of the year – Oreo dirt cupcakes are an awesome treat for any season!
Oreo Dirt Cupcakes
- 1 box chocolate cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 can chocolate frosting
- 1 package Oreos
- mint or parsley or other herbs with stems for decorating
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Line a cupcake or muffin tin with paper baking cups.
- Prepare the chocolate cake mix according to direction on the box. Pour into the cupcake pan and bake for 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, crush the Oreos in a food processor until they turn into crumbs. Put the Oreo crumbs on a plate.
- Spread the chocolate frosting on top of cupcakes, then dip the cupcakes in Oreo crumbs.
- To decorate the dirt cupcakes, insert the herb into each cupcake.