These chocolate chip cherry pancakes are so delicious! The chocolate and cherries come together to make the absolute perfect combination that you will be sure to love! These pancakes are the absolute perfect breakfast!
These chocolate chip cherry pancakes are so easy to make! To start, chop up 1 cup of cherries into small pieces. I try to make them about the size of blueberries.
Next, mix the dry ingredients in a large bowl. Make sure they are all combined very well.
In a separate bowl, mix the wet ingredients. Then mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients in increments.
Finally, mix in 1/4 cup of cherries and 1/4 cup chocolate chips into the batter.
Fry the pancakes over medium-high heat. Make sure the pan is well oiled. The pancakes are ready to flip when bubbles form around the edges.
Next, start on the cherry topping. To make it, you simply boil water, cherries, and sugar in a pot. The mixture will naturally thicken making a delicious cherry sauce.
Finally top the chocolate cherry pancakes with the cherry sauce! So easy and delicious!
These chocolate cherry pancakes make the absolute BEST breakfast! Cherries and chocolate compliment each other SO WELL and they go even better together in pancakes:). The best way to get your morning started is with the flavors of a fancy dessert right inside a pancake!
You can also make these chocolate chip cherry pancakes healthier! You can switch out the white flour for whole-wheat flour, or switch out the semi-sweet chocolate chips for dark chocolate chips. You can also opt for plain cherries on top rather than the cherry sauce. You can also use white chocolate chips for a different taste! These pancakes also work with every other berry, although cherries are my favorite:).
These chocolate chip pancakes make for an easy and DELICIOUS breakfast! You have to make these warm, flavorful, and chocolatey pancakes!
Chocolate Chip Cherry Pancakes
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tbsp white sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup milk 2%
- 1 egg large
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup cherries
- 1 tsp white sugar
- 1 tbsp water
- Preheat a griddle to about 350. You can also use a large frying pan.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, sugar, and baking powder.
- In a separate bowl, combine the milk, egg, vegetable oil, and vanilla.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Do not over-mix.
- Take 1/4 cup of cherries and finely chop them into small pieces.
- Add the cherries and chocolate chips into the pancake mix.
- Using a 1/4 scoop, add the batter to the griddle. It will be ready to flip when bubbles appear on the edges of the pancake. Cook both sides until golden brown.
- Chop up the remaining 3/4 cup cherries.
- In a small sauce pan combine the cherries, water, and sugar.
- Place over medium heat until a boil, and cook until the mixture thickens.
- Top your pancakes with the cherry sauce and enjoy!