This easy Saint Patrick’s Day roll cake, is the perfect dessert to celebrate the holiday! It is delicious, festive, beautiful, and most importantly green! A scrumptious vanilla cake base and a delicious buttercream frosting filling, this is the absolute perfect dessert for Saint Patrick’s Day!
This cake is so beautiful, and such a nice addition to a Saint Patrick’s Day party or get together. It will leave everyone eating it wanting more, because of it’s truly wonderful taste! Kids will definitely love this cake, as it is sweet without any crazy flavors. It is the perfect way to introduce kids to the holiday of St. Patrick’s Day, because they will definitely love the cake!
The cake has such a wonderful taste and texture! The taste of the cake is sweet and vanilla-y, with the perfect soft texture. The buttercream frosting is sweet and creamy and sure to be a favorite! The cake is so yummy!
This Irish roll cake is so unique, it will be a hit of every St. Patrick’s Day party! Cut into this sweet roll cake and reveal the green frosting inside!
This roll cake is surprisingly easy to make! You simply mix the eggs with the other ingredients, throw it in the oven, roll the cake up, make the frosting, and assemble the cake! It’s so easy, beautiful and delicious!
Saint Patricks Day Roll Cake
Vanilla Roll Cake
- 3 egg yolks
- 3 egg whites
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 tsp salt
- green food coloring
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar for dusting the towel
Vanilla Buttercream Frosting
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- green food coloring
- 1 tbsp milk
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Line a 15x10x1 baking sheet with parchment paper, and spray the parchment paper with non-stick spray.
- Get a clean towel that is either larger or the same size as the baking sheet, and evenly sprinkle the powdered sugar onto the towel.
- With an electric mixer, beat the 3 egg whites in a medium bowl, and add 1/4 cup of white sugar till stiff peaks form (if you turn the batter upside down, it holds in place).
- In a large mixing bowl mix the egg yolks and the egg whites together until very well incorporated. Add in the sugar, vanilla, and water and mix for another minute. Then add the green food coloring until it is the desired color, and mix until the food coloring is completely incorporated.
- Sift in the flour, baking powder, and salt, and mix until just combined on low. Very gently fold in the egg whites.
- Pour onto the baking sheet, and bake in the oven for about 12-14 minutes, or until the center of the cake springs back when pressed on gently. Be very careful not to overbake, as overbaking the cake will cause it to crumble.
- When the cake is ready, with oven mits, immediately flip over the cake onto the prepared towel. Peel the parchment paper off, and put on a new layer. Roll the cake carefully in the towel from the short side to short side. Cool in the towel for 1 hour.
- Mix the butter with an electric mixer until it is smooth. Slowly add the powdered sugar until it is fully encorparated.
- Add the vanilla and milk. Add in the food coloring until desired color, and mix well.
- When the cake has cooled, unroll the cake and spread the frosting evenly across the cake. Without a towel, reroll the cake tightly and put it in plastic wrap in the refrigerator to serve cooled with powdered sugar sprinkled over the top.