These soft, delicious, and extremely beautiful Valentine’s Day cookies are the perfect gift to give to your Valentine, or to bake for a Valentine’s party! They are so easy to make, foolproof, and look as if they were made by a professional baker! With the swirled marble glaze, these pink heart cookies are the absolute perfect Valentine’s cookie!
These sugar cookies taste so delicious! They are the perfect texture of soft and sugary, yet they taste the perfect amount of sweet. In addition, the glaze on the cookies tastes so good! It is sweet, and holds together perfectly, and gives a smooth shiny look. These sugar cookies leave you wanting more and more, because of their amazing taste!
These cookies are so easy to make! When I was thinking of ways to make valentines themed desserts, I decided to make sugar cookies and cover them with a pink glaze. As I was making the glaze however, I realized that if you only mix it a few times, it would have a marbled tie-die effect. I tested a cookie, by taking it, and dipping it in the glaze, and I was absolutely shocked by how professional it looked! It was so easy to make, so I was extremely surprised by the results.
The sugar cookies were so easy for me to make! I had no problem making the dough, and the glaze was the easiest part! I strongly recommend making these cookies as the perfect Valentine’s day treat!
Valentines Sugar Cookies
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp red food coloring
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1-2 tbsp milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- red food coloring
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cream the butter and sugar with an electric mixer in a large bowl.
- Add in the eggs, vanilla, and food coloring, until the desired color.
- Mix in the baking soda and add in the flour 1/2 a cup at a time.
- Roll the dough out, until the dough is 1/8 inch thick. From there, cut the cookies out with a heart shaped cookie cutter.
- Put the cookies on a baking sheet 2-inches apart.
- Cook in the oven for 7-9 minutes or until the cookies are golden brown, on parchment paper.
- Mix together the powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla extract until the desired consistency, to make the glaze.
- Add a few drops of red food coloring, and swirl with a toothpick or spoon a few times, until the colors become tie-die. Make sure you do not over-swirl, or the cookies will not have a marbled effect.
- Take a cooled cookie, and dip it into the glaze, and take it out and put it back out on a plate. As you dip the cookies, you may have to swirl more food coloring.
- Serve when the glaze hardens, as a delicious valentines day treat!