These delicious heart shaped meringue cookies are so light, fluffy, sweet, and so addicting! The perfect valentines day treat or gift, you will absolutely love these!
These heart shaped meringues are absolutely so delicious! They are light, crispy, and fluffy, and very addicting. They are the perfect dessert to enjoy with a cup of tea, or when you want a sweet but light snack. Mild in taste, everyone will enjoy eating these meringues. If you are looking to give a Valentine’s day gift to someone, you can make these meringues along with a card, and they will absolutely love it:).
These meringues are so easy to make! If you are looking for a cute dessert to make, you should absolutely make these meringues! All you have to do is mix eggs, sugar, vanilla and food coloring together, and then pipe into heart shapes. In addition to being easy to make, these meringues do not involve any ingredients that you do not already have lying around your house. The cream of tartar is not required (although it make take slightly longer to mix), and even the food coloring is optional. All you really need are eggs and sugar to make these delicious meringues.
Whether you want a cute little snack, or your looking for a gift to give someone for Valentine’s day, you absolutely need to try these delicious meringues! They are so easy to make, light and fluffy, and absolutely delicious! You will be sure to love these heart shaped meringues!
Heart Shaped Meringue Cookies
- 4 large eggs
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cream of tartar optional but recommended
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp pink food coloring
- Preheat the oven to 225, and line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Separate the eggs, making sure not to get any egg yolk in the egg whites (the meringues will not form if egg yolk gets in).
- Add the cream of tartar and salt into the egg whites mixture. With an electric mixture start mixing on high.
- Once the mixture becomes white and bubbly, start gradually adding the sugar.
- Mix until the mixture forms stiff peaks (if you flip your bowl upside down, the mixture should stay intact and have a shiny, white appearance).
- Stir in the pink food coloring and vanilla extract.
- Transfer the mixture into a large piping bag with a small tip, and pipe small hearts onto the parchment paper. You can put them close together, as they do not spread.
- Bake the meringues for 1 hour, and allow to completely cool before consuming.