This cow print nails design with french tips combo is a fun and fresh take on animal print nails. Animal print is one fashion choice that you’ll either love or hate. The animal print standards of leopard and zebra come and go as fashion trends, but this cow nails design is different.
Cute Cow Print Nails
Cow print is the underrated, less trendy but more playful animal print option. Paired with pretty lavender french tips, these DIY cow nails are outgoing without being over the top.
Best Nails Shape For Cow Print Manicure
For this nail design, I chose an almond nail shape. Any nail shape would look great with this DIY nail design, softer nail tips like oval, round, and similar will look best with the organic cow print nails design.
Think of an almond shape as a middle ground between traditional and bold. Universally flattering and feminine, the almond shape is a popular choice.
To create the almond tip, file both sides equally sloping towards the center of the nail tip. File at a diagonal to create the gently angled tip, but make sure to keep the nail sides straighter to avoid accidentally creating an oval nail shape.
Cow Print And French Tips Nails Design Tutorial
For this colorful cow print nails design with french tips manicure, you’ll need:
A neutral nail polish can be a sheer nude or pink, or even clear polish
A soft lavender nail polish for the french mani tips
An opaque white polish for the cow print accent nails
A true black polish for the cow print accent nails
A clear top coat
We will break the tutorial down into two parts, the lavender french tips design, and the cow print nails design. You can choose to do one or several cow print nails. Go with what feels right for you.
Lavender French Tips Nails
First, we will paint the lavender tips. Using the lavender polish, create a swooping ‘smile line’ by swiping the brush in one pull from one side of the nail to the other.
Or start at one edge of the nail base and swoop the polish brush in a curve towards the center of the nail tip. Then mirror that movement from the other side of the nail, meeting in the middle.
You can make a smoother line by stabilizing your nail on a solid surface, or keep the nail polish brush still while rotating your nail.
More french tips nail design inspo: Short White French Tips, Winter Snowflake French Manicure, French Manicure with Pink Tips, French Manicure with Heart Design, Orange French Tips, and Metallic Nails with French Accent.
How To Do Cow Print Nails
Creating the cow print doesn’t require special tools, making this the perfect DIY accent nail for those newer to at-home nail designs.
How To Draw Cow Print On Nails
First, paint nails a solid white color, then draw the cow print on the white base.
Use the black nail polish brush to create the cow spots by gently moving the tip of the brush on the nail to create the blobs, making the cow print.
Double-check that you don’t have too much polish on the brush to prevent leaking or running. It’s better to touch up a too-thin cow print blob than to flood the design and need to start over.
For a more detailed or controlled application, you can grab a few bobby pins and use the rounded end to dip into the black polish and dot onto your nails. Then take the bobby pin and pull the blobs of black polish together to create the cow print shape.
The best part about this cow print manicure is that you can be creative with the pattern rather than trying to make the shapes look even or neat. Get creative with it and have fun.
Colorful Cow Print Nails
Cow print nails don’t have to be black and white! You can be creating and try them in other colors! Here are some ideas for different color variations of cow nails:
Pink Cow Print Nails
- Light pink nails with black cow spots: instead of the white base use a light pink base with black cow spots.
- Light pink base with dark pink cow spots: instead of the white base use a light pink polish and instead of black spots make the spot dark pink
- White nails with pink cow spots: keep the white base and use a bright pink polish to draw cow spots.
- Reverse pink cow nails: paint nails with bright or dark pink color and draw cow spots with a bright white polish
Pink cow print nails are a great option for summer! Pink cow is certainly cute 🙂 So bright and cheerful, pink cow nails look really unique and refreshing! Here are some more pink nails ideas: pink nails with accent flower nail, glitter pink ombre nails, sunset pink and orange ombre nails, pink gradient nails.
Brown Cow Print Nails
- Light brown base with black cow spots: instead of a white base use a beige or tan base with black cow spots.
- Light brown base with dark brown cow spots: paint nails with beige or tan polish and make the cow spots dark brown
- White nails with brown cow spots: keep the white base and use a brown nail polish to draw cow spots.
- Reverse brown cow print: paint nails with dark or medium brown color and create bright white cow spots
Blue Cow Print Nails
- Light blue nails with black cow spots: instead of a white base use a light blue base with black cow spots.
- Light blue base with dark blue cow spots: paint nails with a light blue polish and draw the cow spots with a dark blue polish.
- White nails with blue cow print: keep the white base and use a blue nail polish to draw cow spots. It will work with any shade of blue – light blue, aqua, cobalt or dark blue.
- Reverse blue cow nails: paint nails with dark or medium blue color and create bright white cow spots
Blue cow nails perfect for all seasons! Use a different shade of blue depending on a season – baby blue for Spring, aqua for Summer, dark blue for Fall, ice blue base with dark blue spots for Winter. For more blue nails design ideas, check out blue nails with white heart, blue nails with swirls, blue lotus nails, blue butterfy nails, blue gradient nails.
Red Cow Print Nails
- White nails with red spots – paint nails with a white base polish and draw the cow spots with a red polish
- Red nails with white spots – paint nails red and draw the cow spots with a white polish
- Accent nail with cow print – paint all nails red and only do a cow print on the ring finger nail to use as a statement nail!
Red cow nails are perfect for Christmas! They look really sharp and will certainly be a conversation piece! For another easy holiday red nail idea, check out my tutorial for candy cane nails.
What To Wear With Cow Print Manicure
This DIY nail design is so versatile! You can wear neutrals, bold colors, and even other animal prints with this manicure. There are no rules! If you really want to be on theme, try a cowboy hat and denim combo and let your inner western vibes shine.
Other Cute Nail Designs You’ll Love
If you love nail designs in purple hues, check out Purple French Tips With Flowers And Glitter Nail Design, Paint Purple Nails With Smiley Face And Abstract Design, Simple White Nails Design With Light Purple Green Color Block, Shades Of Purple Nails, and Light Purple Nails With Flowers.